Wednesday, April 08, 2009


Genesis 1978

Most of the original band had left and this tour was promoting the album titled, And Then There Were Three. I remember the band members switching instruments a lot at this show in Dayton's Hara Arena (home of the Dayton Gems hockey team). Genesis had been knocking around for about a decade, had some success in England and had a bit of a cult following in the U.S.- this concert was right before they got really popular & Phil Collins set out to bore and annoy the shit out of people for years to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
I came across your blog as I was surfing the web for Genesis 1978 info, I noticed you have a picture of the ticket stub from this show,do you own it and if so would you want to sell it?

Quimbob said...

Don't really want to sell it but I'm not tied to it - make an offer.
When I did this series, it introduced me to the whole stub collecting thing. I had no idea. I thought I was weird for just hanging on to what I was hanging onto.

chris said...

How does $78 sound