Thursday, September 10, 2009


Festival at Indianapolis Stadium 1972

This all day festival was supposed to bee at the Raceway. It would have been the closest I would ever come to the Indy 500, but it got moved so..... Indiana had some promoters but the various government bodies did about all they could do to thwart them at every turn.
Through the day Chuck Berry, Foghat, It's A Beautiful Day, Flash & others played. The headline act was to be Fleetwood Mac but I missed 'em again. This time they were shut down by the Naptown Heat.
Vegasant remembers a lot more about this show than I do.
I do remember that it was the first time I saw people heating up powder in a spoon & injecting it with an eyedropper type of rig.
I do remember Chuck Berry milking My Dingaling.
I do remember Foghat tearing through Maybelliene.
I do remember It's a Beautiful Day playing their 1 big hit, White Bird.
It was sunny & didn't rain. :-)

and yeah, I know I'm late.....

and even later....

thanks to vegasant for sending the scan of the flyer

No comments: