Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pieces of Shit

I'm no fan of organized religion but I don't exactly relish churches going away. They are increasingly losing population however, especially as people leave small denominational neighborhood churches for big bland megachurches which I really don't like. So kicking these small neighborhood churches when they're down is particularly disconcerting to me. With empty pews come empty coffers & the ability of these small churches to be able to deliver to their neighborhoods is negatively impacted. That's exactly what a gang of cretins is doing now, raiding churches in Northside & ripping out their metal utilities, causing thousands of dollars of damage for a pittance they can get at a scrap yard.
CAIN was created in Northside some 20 years ago to unite neighborhood churches so they could provide relief to their neighbors better. Heck, even they have been hit.
I don't have the faith some of the church members & pastors have that these thieves & vandals will pay down the road on some mythical judgement day. I'd sentence them to eternity in public service.

WXIX story here

WLWT story here

WCPO story here

No comments: