Monday, January 13, 2014

Jim's

Any Bob City native over 40 should remember Jim's. Located near the Regent Theater on Limestone in hygienic Springfield, Ohio, Jim's serrved sodas & sandwiches to Ftogtowners for decades.
It's interesting to me to see how people's tastes have changed over the years. no more egg phosphates, egg malted milks, Green Rivers, and no more chopped olive sandwiches. I gotta say, it all looks pretty good to me. Especially the prices.
Jim ran the shop with his wife or sister. We never really figured it out. They would yell orders, etc. across the dining room and would frequently bicker.
My parents would dump me off at my grandmother's apartment on weekends and we would walk up to town, past the train station, to Jim's, the Regent & Woolworth's on Saturdays after sitting up watching old horror movies on Friday night - Chiller Theater.
oh well...

No comments: