Friday, March 14, 2014

The Damned

A few years ago, I chronicled concerts I had attended but noted that a few had 'gotten away'. I was just made aware that 28 years ago tonight, I was at a Damned concert at the Jockey Club in picturesque Newport Kentucky. The band had done an in store promo at one of those old supermarket sized record stores.
Later, during the show, fluorescent lamps started falling out of the ceiling fixtures into the crowd. Dunno if anybody got hurt. The band probably figured it happened all the time.
Later, my date kept shouting ELOIIIIIISSE!!

2 comments:

Bruce Demske said...

That's funny. I was there too. We are old. I didn't know much about much in those days and made the mistake of asking the guitarist (this was after Captain Sensible had quit of course) if he was the 'new guitarist'. He didn't like that too much and replied that he was 'the guitarist'. Brrrr......
It was fun to see the damned fans at the mall tho!
I still have the poster they signed somewhere.
Good times.....

Quimbob said...

I should have known.....