Sunday, January 31, 2010


Joan Jett 1987

yeah, late again.....
As I previously posted, I hadn't been able to wrangle anybody into going to a Joan Jett show. I tirelessly told everybody how great she was & my haranguing paid off. Not well for me, however.
I got Bunny to go. Phil came down from Frogtown. So far - so good. Then this drooling idiot from work decided he would tag along, too. With a friend. Bunny & Phil quickly picked up on Larry's goofyness & proceeded to leave me to his antics & enjoy a nice evening themselves. With friends like these.....
As usual, Jett rocked out. I ignored the whole crew during the show. After, we went down the street to Daniels for midnight nachos. Again I was abandoned to entertain Larry & his friend. His friend seemed a bit more rational & a little less brain damaged than Larry, but he was strictly the follower to Larry's lead. It explains a lot about how we choose our politicians in America.
We went back to our cars & encountered some girls with a flat tire. Larry & his pal rushed to their rescue & promptly started to jack the car up on University Ave. I begged them to roll down to a flat bit of road, but no go. I expected to see severed hands any minute. The jack did slip a bit & the chivalrous goonballs, relented & moved the car to a flat piece of road.
We parted ways, everybody went home & as I drifted off to sleep, I wondered what crazy stories Larry would be telling my co-workers come Monday. Never again....

No comments: