Friday, May 25, 2012

Poking around Bloggersville, Cincinnati, I came across some interesting poop. Well, to me that is.
UrbanCincy notes that Downtown Cincinnati is on the rise. In kind of a companion piece a WCPO article picked up by The Urbanophile, says the same thing & points out that a lot of the new residents of the downtown area are from out of town.
Meanwhile, over in COA T land it's pointed out The Cincinnati Enquirer has lost 17% of it's subscribers. While the thrust of that article is about their print mouthpiece not disseminating their propaganda to their satisfaction, the numbers don't lie - readership is down.
So this brings up my question - How many of these new downtown residents read the Enquirer?

2 comments:

5chw4r7z said...

I got an answer for you.
ZERO.
There is never a paper in lobby of Parker Flats so unless someone is waiting patiently for it to be delivered every day no one there reads it.
I doubt many downtown residents read or pay attention to it.
And the increases in the Sunday subscription the Enquirer brags about?
Hello? coupons.
The x-burbanites I work with all talk about coupon hording, there you go.

Quimbob said...

yeah, I am kinda figuring all the Fishwarp subscriptions in 45214 are to businesses.