Thursday, June 05, 2014

Character is Destiny


Heart of Balchik
Character is destiny.
I bless you, dear Romania, country joys and sorrows of my beautiful country you live in my heart and whose paths I've known all. Beautiful country that I saw whole, whose fate I was allowed to see it fulfilled. Be eternally abundant you be great and full of honor, lofty ever sit among the nations, to be honest, loved and understanding. "Queen Marie can I help you?"
OK, I'm going with Google Translate here…
So, apparently this town, Balchik, on the coast of the Black Sea, has gone back & forth between Romania & Bulgaria a number of times but was under Romanian rule while Queen Marie was around & she really like the place.
Looks like someplace out of a fairy tale. Anyway, pretty picture, pretty song...

No comments: