Friday, June 20, 2008

Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby



ugh
I guess I am just getting old. I set up a MySpace page (for various reasons) and I was instantly peppered with "friend" solicitations from countless young women. Thing is, I am old enough to be their fathers. Sure, they are pretty but what would I have to say to these young women ? For one thing, "When you offer your 'friendship' to someone, sending them a picture of your butt isn't exactly appropriate".
If they were offering to introduce me to their mothers it might be a different story. Instead they tell me they find me "cute", "hot", "sexy", etc. They tell me they want me to fulfill their sexual fantasies. These chicks have some seriously boring fantasies.
I really have nothing in common with any of these girls. Many appear to be avid swimmers (albeit with some really scrawny arms) and, while swimming is a fine sport, I don't enjoy swimming at all.
I just don't understand it.
I guess I am just a grumpy old fart.

1 comment:

SecondComingOfBast said...

What is happening is, you are being spammed. Notice how similar many of the profile descriptions are. A good many times, you will see writing that is word for word in one, what it is in another. In fact, several others. Notice also you will see addresses from such nonexistent places as "Flevoland".

Whatever you do, do not reply to these invitations, nor accept them. The more you accept, or even reply to, the more you will get.

By the way, the chances are these are not actually women, and certainly not the women whose pictures you are seeing. These are spambots, trying to set up a "relationship" with you to enable the sending of more spam for business purposes and the like.

ALso, if you are off MySpace for an appreciable amount of time, your account will be hacked, and your "friends"-meaning your real MySpace friends if you have any-will start receiving spam in your name, from your hacked account.

The best way to deal with this problem is to go to your settings, and set your profile for private, so that no one can know when you are or are not on-line.

That's what they are drawn to, like moths to a flame-an active profile that informs them you are on-line. As soon as you come on-line you will start receiving them. You will get them while off-line as well, but usually much more while on-line.

Set your profile view to private and you will not get them at all, or a very very few at the most.