Saturday, October 20, 2012

Top 20 Songs Requested for Funerals
Of course, your church may object to some of these & technically, it's a public performance so you're supposed to pay royalties, so.......
YMMV (That'd be a good title for a lifey/death song !)
1 Frank Sinatra - 'My Way'
2 Sarah Brightman/Andrea Bocelli - 'Time To Say Goodbye'
3 Bette Midler - 'Wind Beneath My Wings'
4 Eva Cassidy - 'Over The Rainbow'
5 Robbie Williams - 'Angels'
6 Westlife - 'You Raise Me Up'
7 Gerry & The Pacemakers - 'You'll Never Walk Alone'
8 Vera Lynn - 'We'll Meet Again'
9 Celine Dion - 'My Heart Will Go On'
10 Nat King Cole - 'Unforgettable'
11 Tina Turner - 'The Best'
12 Whitney Houston/Dolly Parton - 'I Will Always Love You'
13 Monty Python - 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life'
14 Luther Vandross - 'Dance With My Father'
15 Louis Armstrong - 'Wonderful World'
16 Daniel O'Donnell - 'Danny Boy'
17 Eva Cassidy - 'Fields Of Gold'
18 Righteous Brothers (and various) - 'Unchained Melody'
19 Westlife - 'Flying Without Wings'
20 Eva Cassidy - 'Songbird'

NME

2 comments:

esbboston said...

What about Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven"? This was played at the most recent funeral I attended. The audio system suffered several times after it played.

Quimbob said...

This is an English list, dunno if that matters. I have a relative in the funeral support biz & she cited Stairway to Heaven, too. I'm kinda surprised Bobby Darin's Beyond the Sea isn't on the list but maybe those folks are already dead.