Monday, July 19, 2010

Clang, Clang, Clang Goes The Trolley !

Fishwrap editors, channeling Charlie Winburn, have asked, should we try a temporary route with cute buses to see how many people invest in real estate along the route? Should we see how many people commit to a route the city is up front not committing to?
Have the Fishwrap staff painted racing stripes on their cars to make them go faster? Howabout playing cards affixed to their bike frames with clothespins?
Reminds me of an old joke.
There were two inmates in a lunatic asylum and one night they decided they're going to escape. So they get up on to the roof, and there, just across the gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in moon light, stretching away to freedom.
Unfortunately it was too far to jump from the asylum rooftop to the next. The one guy says "Hey! I have my flash light with me. I will shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk across the beam". But the other guy just shakes his head. He says "What, you think I'm crazy? How do I know you won't turn it off when I am only half way across!"

1 comment:

CityKin said...

OH...The baseball cards I ruined as a kid on my spokes!