Friday, July 03, 2009


The Bears 1987

The Bears were a local band made up of The Raisins & Adrian Belew, who, I guess, was from the NKY area. He had a name with the art rock snobs from playing with the likes of King Crimson & Laurie Anderson. The Raisins were basically a kinda crazy pop band with a lead guitarist, Rob Fetters, whose lead was hardly pop. It was bound to be an interesting show. It was actually really good. I believe it was their debut show. There was a lot of excitement and energy. The two guitarists were going at it and it was really quite dynamic.
Well, I'm weird, I guess. A lot of the Raisin fans hated it because it wasn't the Raisins. The Belew fans about died. They were walking out because it was POP music. Belew had sold out. Piss on 'em. Belew had said in interviews this wasn't the last thing he was ever going to do.
I liked it.

No comments: