Thursday, July 09, 2009


The Who 1982 in Louisville

I hadn't been in Cincinnati a year yet when this show happened. It was one of the first times I realized how weird the locals are. They all had this attitude of, "I will see the band if they come here to play. If they won't play here, fuck 'em". Coming from a smaller town that nobody came to, it was a pretty weird attitude to me.
Anyway, I got my girlfriend to borrow her dad's car. The janitor at her church had never been to a "rock show", so the 3 of us piled into the big brown LTD station wagon & headed south to Louisville.
The Who rocked - good show as usual.
Girlfriend drove back & I crashed in the back as I had been up since about 5 AM. They woke me up to change tires when she had a blowout. I changed it in a dreamlike trance - very strange.

No comments: